Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 35

Thread: Greddy Turbo, 4 Questions

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Silverbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    1. I heard its 50 state legal, true?
    2. Internal BOV, that sucks right? Why? Does it make a bov sound? Can I change it (bypass it) and get an external one?
    3. Heard it has a limited boost potential. How many PSI is its limit?
    4. is 3500 w/ Intercooler good?

    I got 2000 in the bank and 1000 more coming in 2 weeks so i want to make sure this is the kit that I will need for this... I heard there's a Teg running the Greddy it... is it "all that" or is something "missing" I hear the quality is like 10x better than a drag 3 also...

    Thanks ,
    Silverbane



    ------------------
    An expert at anything was once a beginner...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gsr355's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    1. I think the kit is still pending for CARB
    2. I think it's a internal wastegate, not BOV. So yes, you have to purchase a BOV separately and yes you will get that cool BOV sound.
    3. I don't know how much a TDo5-18G turbo can boost efficiently.
    4. $3500 is kinda expensive, i can get it for around $3100.

    I'm also planning to get this kit, but i want to hear some reviews before i get it... From what i've heard, the kit is of very high quality. It also comes with injectors and a blue box to control it, so that's nice. I've heard 270 hp with the big intercooler but i don't know if that's to the wheels or flywheel hp. Let me know if you find out anything else about this kit, i think i'll be buying it in a week or two.

  3. #3
    MINO
    Guest MINO's Avatar

    Post

    The kit with large intercoller is 270hp to the flywheel. They don't include a blow-off valve because of some smog related law.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member argetni's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 1999
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There is no BOV at all, you need to weld a fitting on the intake pipe to put a BOV.

    I think it can handle at least 12-14 psi since a smaller TD04 turbo (the one used in 92-95 civic GReddy turbo kit) can do 12 psi.

    Silverbane, where are you gonna buy it from? Because I think I'll be buying one next month, too.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Silverbane's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    There's a shop here in austin that I was going to buy it from. Here's an email regarding the Greddy kit that I got.. Some of it sounds like BS, racegas for 10psi?! thats fake right? Is he just trying to push a Greddy on me??
    Anyone have views on quality/price/ease of use/install in

    GREDDY vs DRAG3 vs REVHARD vs Fmax?
    Thanks
    Silverbane

    Letter:
    You will make more power with a turbo, hands down. The maintenance issues are about the same with a good kit. The Greddy kit comes with everything you need, including basic fuel upgrades. If you want to run more than 7 psi, a complete fuel upgrade is required.
    To run 10 psi, you would have to use race gas, and you're pushing it reliability-wise.

    The Greddy kit for the Integra has a big turbo with a lot of potential. I was mistaken about the price; I gave you the price on the Civic kit. The turbo kit is
    $2600. It retails for $3250. The Intercooler kit is $840, with a $1050 retail price. This comes to a total of $3440, which is very competitive price for a high quality Greddy system. If it was me, that's what
    I would go with. "

    End letter
    Is he just trying to push this on me?????


    ------------------
    An expert at anything was once a beginner...

  6. #6
    Inactive Member argetni's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 28th, 1999
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About the fuel upgrade, there are four 320cc injector come with the kit. Racing gas has higher octane, so it can elimintae the chance of detonation. The reason he said that was because the higher the boost, or the higher the engine's compression ratio, the greater the chance of detonation happen.

    yes, he's pushing it, but not totally BS.
    "comes with everything you need"? hmm....I would have to get a BOV, boost gauge, A/F ratio meter or EGT, or maybe even a turbo timer. But those things are kind of extra, so he could be right about "comes with everything you need".

    [This message has been edited by argetni (edited March 14, 2000).]

  7. #7
    Inactive Member gsr355's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 1999
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I thought the kit came with 310cc injectors... I have a question, the kit comes with a "blue box" to control the injectors, how does the blue box work? If i decide to turn up to boost, would the blue box compensate for this? In other words, is the blue box boost dependant or would i need to get another boost dependent fpr if i want to turn up the boost. Also, for the 270 flywheel hp, is this with the turbo kit only? Did the car have a exhaust or any other mods? Do you think it's work the money to get the large intercooler? The large one is 7cm taller that the medium intercooler, how much will it help horsepower wise. If it's not much, i don't think i'll be worth the trouble of taking off the metal reinforcement behind the bumper.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Zach's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2000
    Posts
    43
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here are a couple of answers to your questions. 1)If you add a BOV to your turbo system it will not be street legal. That is letting exhaust gas escape the system w/out passing through a smog control device (catalytic converter) which I am sure is illeagal.

    2)The black box I believe is to fool the ecu into not seeing boost. You raising the boost would not affect the box to my knowledge.

    3)I also believe it has an internal wastegate just like the GReddy kit which I had on my civic and never had an ounce of problems. I am sure the kit is of the highest quality. It is GReddy after all.

    Hope this helps.

    ------------------
    I live my life on the line.............the redline!

    1994 Granada Black Pearl Civic coupe w/ 96 LS motor soon to be charged, supercharged that is.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member acuraintegraman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 1999
    Posts
    33
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    270 flywheel is kinda low isn't it? drag3 does 250 to the wheels so that's about 300 to the fly. if you need to stay legal (CA folks) then stick with the greddy, but isn't it bad to run without a bov? where does the pressure go when you left off the gas?

    ------------------
    Sam
    http://homepages.go.com/~acuraintegr...ntegraman.html

  10. #10
    Inactive Member woong's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 24th, 2000
    Posts
    15
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    the kit comes with four 310cc injectors, the reason why I called it a "blue box" is so its not to be confused with the "black box" included in the Civic kit. The new "blue box" has a total of 10 wires sticking out of it, 4 to be tapped into the injectors, 1 for power, 1 for ground, one for ignition ground, one for RPM signal, and the last two wires go between the stock MAP sensor and the ECU, all wires are tapped at the ECU. I'm looking at the dyno graph that GReddy included with the kit, it shows a stock GSR power rating of 168hp, then with its turbo kit, then with the regular intercooler upgrade, and then with the large intercooler upgrade, if anyone's interested, I'll scan GReddy's graph and post it. The 270hp or so rating is for the LARGE intercooler upgrade. As for raising boost, I'm guessing GReddy might have a preprogrammed fuel map for its injectors in the "blue box" so raising boost might throw it off a little. I'm not sure since I really don't feel like blowing up my motor anytime soon, but when I do, I'll be sure to tell you guys how much boost the kit puts out =)


    ------------------
    woong
    1999 GReddy turbo DC2

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •